Survivorship marks not only the completion of treatment, but the beginning of a new phase in your life. Gibbs Cancer Center & Research institute has the information and support you need to live life after cancer.
Gibbs’ Survivorship Program includes annual visits to our Survivorship Clinic and support groups that focus on health and wellness for cancer survivors.
During annual visits at our Survivorship Clinic, you will have the opportunity to ask questions and address concerns you have about your cancer as you meet with the survivorship nurse practitioner and nurse navigator. These clinicians will also discuss:
- Long-term and potential side effects of treatment.
- Prevention and health improvement strategies through physical activity and nutrition.
- Coordination of follow-up care, including physician appointments and screenings.
- Risks for other chronic diseases.
- Referrals to professionals and programs that meet your specific needs.
Health and Wellness Support Groups
Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute wants to make sure you have the tools you need to live a healthy and happy life after cancer. To help you on your journey, we offer a variety of support groups and classes designed specifically for cancer survivors.
Survivors’ WEALTH (Walking Eating And Learning Toward Health) – If you are a cancer survivor looking for a fun way to engage in regular physical activity, we encourage you and your caregiver to join WEALTH! WEALTH participants meet twice weekly for a 30-minute walking session, which concludes with a brief nutrition education class.