Gibbs Cancer Center welcomes gifts from individuals and organizations in support of our mission to deliver world-class care at the community level.
Donations & Designated Gifts
Donations may be made through the Spartanburg Regional Foundation and designated to Gibbs Cancer Center in general or to specific Gibbs programs and initiatives, such as the current challenge campaign to endow two chairs in research development and quality improvement.
Honor & Memorial Gifts
Making a gift to Gibbs Cancer Center in honor of a special person or group, in memory of a respected loved one, or in celebration of a significant event is the perfect way to pay lasting tribute while making a real difference in the health of our community. More than sending cards or flowers, a charitable contribution is an enduring acknowledgement that holds deep meaning for the donor, recipient and family alike.
Planned or Directed Giving
Planned Giving: Charitable gift planning is a way to achieve your personal, financial and estate-planning goals while benefiting a charitable organization such as Gibbs. Planned gifts may include bequests, annuities, charitable remainder trusts, family lead trusts, and many other options, most of which can be structured to provide flexibility and tax benefits for the donor. For additional details on Gibbs’ legacy programs please contact us at 864-560-7904.
Directed Giving: Families often ask how to list Gibbs Cancer Center or a specific Gibbs program or department as the designated charity in a loved one’s obituary. In these instances, we offer the following suggested language:
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests that you make a donation in memory of (Name of Loved One) to Gibbs Cancer Center (or name of department, program or fund) at Spartanburg Regional Foundation; 101 East Wood Street; Spartanburg SC 29303.
If you need more information or have any questions, please call the Foundation Office at 864-560-6727.
Special Giving Programs
Gibbs Cancer Center offers several types of annual and cumulative giving programs as well as various levels of recognition for your gifts, including:
- Society of 1921: Members of the Society of 1921 have made an annual gift of $1,250 or more to Gibbs Cancer Center.
- Benefactors: Benefactors have made a gift of more than $500 to Gibbs Cancer Center.
- Founders: Founders have given more than $250 to Gibbs Cancer Center.
- Friends: Friends have made a gift of any amount to Gibbs Cancer Center.
Cumulative Giving Levels
(Gift levels are inclusive of all gifts made to the Foundation.)
- Visionaries’ Circle: Members of the Visionary’s Circle have made a gift of at least $1 million to Gibbs Cancer Center.
- Trustees’ Circle: Members of the Trustee’s Circle have made a gift of at least $100,000 to Gibbs Cancer Center.
- President’s Circle: Donors in the President’s Circle have made a cumulative gift of $50,000 or more to Gibbs Cancer Center.
- Chairman’s Circle: Members of the Chairman’s Circle have made a gift of $10,000 or more to Gibbs Cancer Center.
The Legacy Society was established to thank valued donors who have made a gift for the future through planned and estate gifts. Membership in the Legacy Society is open to any individual who has made a planned gift through a variety of estate planning tools such as bequests in a will or trust, charitable remainder trusts, pooled income funds or gifts of life insurance. Donors who wish to include Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute in their estate plans should notify the Foundation by calling us at 864-560-7904.